Friday, March 8, 2013

Roll Recipe and Sprout Pic..Feeding tube vid

http://farmercial.blogspot.com/2009/12/tube-feeding-lamb.html

A link for a farm blog. This one has a feeding tube vid on it. Had several people talking about having to use that this year. I'm not too terribly excited about the whole thing...but I better learn.

   We've got some great sunshine here.... we are due to have rain move in tomorrow afternoon. I'm not too happy about that. I know we need rain, but it's hard to feed and hard to clean up after the goats and chickens when it's raining. It's supposed to go through Sunday. I don't know about Monday. So, this afternoon I've got to move some things. I've got to find SOMETHING to put Moses' hay in. He's beat up every other container I've used. I'm trying to keep this low cost so I'm using what I have. I do have one bucket I might be able to put in his barn with it. 
   Listening to some great vbs music from last summer. We went to St. Mary's and had the best time. 
   Feeling under the weather, but going to overcome. Been cleaning and keeping the kids on task. 
   I've got to get my study materials out this afternoon. Got to enjoy some time with the Lord. I keep trying to get there and things keep coming into my path that can't wait. It's been one of those weeks. So... I'm going to try for some time while the guys are having their time this evening. Depends on what supper is. 
   Made dinner rolls yesterday. Those were so good. 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup warm to touch milk, 3/4 cup warm to touch water, 2 tablespoons yeast, 3 tablespoons honey, 1/2 cup oil, 1 teaspoon salt. mix all that and let it rise for 10 minutes. make out your rolls and then let those rise for 30 minutes. bake on 400 degrees for 15 minutes. They are fast and yummy. I do find I have to scrunch all mine up so they rise up rather than become flat. This is also the recipe I use to make my burger buns. I am thinking you could make hot dog buns with this but I haven't done it. 

   Got to water the plants. Oscar the cat has made it to the boys' room. That means he's feeling bold. He's been here almost  three weeks. 
  Sprouts I made.. the wheat sprouts just didn't do as well as I would have liked.


  



No comments:

Post a Comment